Wednesday, January 26, 2011

new goal!

After fully recovering from Megan's assassination attempt, I went to Chapters. After wandering around trying to find something to pique my interest, I randomly decided that I want to publish a book of my own. I mean, if Snooki and Glenn Beck can do it, it can't be that hard. BAZING!

But what would I write about? THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS! I surely don't spend enough time in the kitchen to come up with my own book of recipes, so that's probably not a good idea.

I'm not an expert on anything, so that leaves out self-help. I value credibility in my reading material, so it would be hypocritical of me to deny my audience of it.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't write anything that will make you feel better about your health problems.

And I'd feel downright ridiculous if I started writing an autobiography or a memoir at the age of 21. Mostly because I'm not a holocaust survivor or a girl interrupted and haven't really done anything worth publishing with my life yet. That's pretty sad.

But, I could write a play! Or a novel! Or a complete compilation of poetry, featuring New Blue Toothbrush, and all of my other greatest hits! Move over Robert Frost!

But seriously folks, I have a long time to think this over. My only criteria for myself right now is that I want to be on the book cover, preferably shrugging.

Or you know, I could just stick with blogging.

2 comments:

  1. When I get published, you can be a featured reviewer for my book. On the back cover, there'll be a picture of you shrugging and there will be a speech bubble emanating from your mouth (containing inside it your awesome critique of my prose).

    I feel like that description was more verbose than it should have been...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the speech bubble idea!

    ReplyDelete