Wednesday, February 23, 2011

beauty tips! with sarah

So... I'm not really down for telling people what products to buy, but since I have nothing else of significance to discuss in my blog these days, and also because some of my friends want to know how I manage to look like a total babe all the time, I thought I'd share my daily beauty routines with the world. Keep in mind that I'm always switching up the products I use because well... I get bored and I'm always wondering if something else will work better for me. But these are what I'm using lately:

If I'm not showering in the morning (I on average shower every 2nd day), I start off with using Clean & Clear Morning Burst. It makes my skin feel clean and I like it. Oh, and if I am showering that day, I start my skin routine after I get out of the shower.
Then I apply some of LUSH's Skin Drink. I find that as a moisturizer, it's a bit heavy for my skin type, but it's a good moisturizer to use for transitioning when you've moved somewhere with a different climate. Next time I'll get something lighter, but this works for me right meow. And after I've moisturized my face, I put some Vaseline (not pictured, because everyone should have Vaseline in their homes in my world) on my lips to help them feel moisturized and to keep them from getting chapped. Some people think that's weird, but they can get over it. It works. You are now ready to apply your makeup, if you're going to wear any. I'm not gonna recommend certain brands though.
At night time, I quickly wipe my face with some of Clean & Clear's Deep Cleaning Astringent to get rid of dirt, makeup (but not so much eye makeup), or any oily buildups on my face. Then I put on some more Vaseline and hop into bed!
This is the shampoo and conditioner I use. Out of all the other types I've tried, Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration works the best at preventing tangles and keeping my hair from drying out. That's saying a lot because I currently have coloured hair. I've used brands that were specially formulated for dyed hair and they didn't work half as good as this one does.

Once I'm out of the shower, I put a little bit of Fructis' Sleek and Shine in my hair, just to keep the frizz down. It also comes in a gel, but I prefer the cream.
Okay... secret time: My hair isn't naturally curly. But it is wavy, and I can totally fool you by spraying in a little bit of Fructis' Curls & Shine! All you do is spray it into your hair, and scrunch it up as desired. Some days I do this, some days I don't.
Back to showering... this is what I'm currently using as shower gel. LUSH's Iced Wine Shower Jelly is really fun and it smells great. I'm pretty sure it's only available seasonally though, but LUSH has some other great shower jellies you can use all year.

Last but certainly not least, I slather on some of LUSH's Vanilla Dee-Lite onto my skin to keep my skin feeling moisturized and smelling good. It might just be my favorite LUSH product ever made.

A side note about certain LUSH products: LUSH is a company that takes pride in leaving a small ecological footprint, and they encourage their customers to do the same. If you bring back 5 black pots (ie. the containers that the moisturizers and shower jellies come in), you will receive a free facial mask! Just another reason why I love LUSH!

Well this was a nice way to kill an hour. I hope this entry vaguely piqued your interest. I feel like Brenda Dickson right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment