Tuesday, December 21, 2010

mysteries of life: the hairdresser

So, I am hereby announcing the end of Dedication December. Things got too busy for me and I kind of fell out of the groove. But cry not dear friends, because I can now blog about other things!

Today I am going to talk about hairdressers. And the bizarre power they seem to hold over us.


I don't know about you, but every time I go to get my haircut, I generally have the same problem every time: I go in prepared to tell the hairdresser what I would like them to do with my hair, they nod in agreement and just do whatever the fuck they want to my hair anyway, and then I leave unsatisfied.

I don't get it! Is there some sort of Hairdressers Code that we don't know about? Is there a law clearly stating that hairdressers are allowed to veto their customer's suggestions in the Bill of Rights somewhere? Why don't more people know about this? Or do they simply relish the brief but important power they hold over us when we're sitting in their chair while they're holding scissors/razors near our necks?

Are they under the impression that we will despise the hairstyle that we asked for, throw a fit, knock some chairs over, and walk out refusing to pay? Because really, heaven forbid they give us what we asked for!

I'm not speaking to you in code, when I tell you the following, I mean exactly this:
-When I say I want blond highlights, I don't mean red highlights.
-When I say I want to trim the split ends, I don't mean take 6 inches off.
-When I say straighten it, I don't mean curl the ends out.

That's not to say that all hairdressers will ignore every single one of your requests... I have had a few lovely stylists that gave me exactly what I wanted. But sadly just a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment